loading ...

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Challenge Day..Oprah's Show

Ok I am glad that this helped Monroe High School and the whole hour they all got along.
Now lets get down to the real nitty gritty, if those children did not know the Cameras were on them would they have done this? Honestly... I do not think so.

It is wonderful to say they helped this school however I would like to see this school in 6 months and see where these 65 students are without them knowing where the cameras are.

Schools are not the homes of students and the HOME life is what needs to be focused on, we all have problems and we all face them differently.

being GAY, pregnant, black, white,asian,mexican,

Do we really care when we leave to go home? Once again the majority of problems begin at HOME.

Racism is very well ALIVE and always will be, we will never be in a country without it, so hold you heads up and say You will not bother me, I will be who I am and I will never be less then you. SAY IT

We need to stop blaming others and start looking in the HOMES, PArents need to STEP up to the plate and teach and educate your children about everyday life.
Stop letting other people RAISE your CHILDREN.
Stop letting your children think it is ok to make excuses for what they are doing or what they are not doing..
This is a good show however it is not gonna change anything until the home life of each child is changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like to me that you dont know much about this organization, myself being a Junior in college, having done 7 challenge days and two Next Steps, would strongly disagree with your statements. It isn't about the cameras, it's about being real. I've personally seen thousands of kids go through the same scenario that the kids of Monroe High School went though. Watching it made me feel like I was back at my very first Challenge Day. I realize that it does have a lot to do with home life, but what I don't think you realize is that a lot of these problems come from home life. All they are trying to do is create a safe environment for the kids to feel comfortable spending every day in. Yeah, I will be the first to admit, not everyone gets something out of it, but as anyone who is an advocate of Challenge Day will tell you, if only one out of a thousand kids has a life changing experience...it is totally worth it.