loading ...

Sunday, August 03, 2008

HAppy Father's Day MOM cannot be used.......

Ok folks,

This is really surprising to know that all of you single moms out there can never put that phrase in writing...

Yes I have a postcard on my zazzle store that says HAPPY FATHER's DAY MOM and I was just threatened with a lawsuit if I do not remove it.. yes

someone did a trademark for the 4 words, I hope Hallmark realizes what they are doing and all of the other people who would like to wish their MOTHERs a HAppy Father's day that they cant put in on PAPER... OMG

This person has threatened me with a lawsuit, so I did some research and I told him to have his lawyer contact me I do not take threats lightly at all.
I removed the postcard fro mthe site, however PLEASE everyone do not put it in writing cause you may cause this man to lose sales... PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK... mothers (single mothers have been around longer then this man and I have been a single mom since 1991 and I have every right to wish my self and send myself a father's day card..

This is an open blog, so anyone that wishes to comment and give thei two cents please do..

Please remember do not use the 4 words...

2 comments:

homegrown 'bacca said...

Hi Marie,
We have a friend and his daughter that live with us. He has had full custody of her since she was a tiny baby, she's now 11. (Mom is a chronic drug addict, in and out of rehab 2-3 times a year--she might actually call and write her daughter once or twice a year--she lives in California, we're in Florida, so she's just not in the picture--in fact it's not unusual for little one to tell people her mother died) Anyway....the point of this story is that she buys or makes her dad a Mother's Day card every year!
Hey---maybe your could rephrase it to something like: 'Happy Dad's Day, Mother'?!

Kat Harris

Anonymous said...

Hi

I doubt this person cares about using it personally so much as commercially.

Sorry you had a hard time though but I doubt anyone cares if it gets used at home.

I guess it is like the Lets get ready to rumble guy Pat Buffer, if anyone uses that at a sports event except him they pay him, it is how he makes his livingg.