loading ...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

to DADS

Daddy: Black, Strong & Proud

My daddy
Black, strong & proud
Has a way of making everything right
He plays with me
He reads to me
He tucks me in & kisses me goodnight
He lets me ride on his back
Everything he does is with a smile

My daddy
Black, strong & proud
Has a way of showing his love
He kisses mommy
He cooks for mommy
He nurses mommy back to health when she's sick
He tells mommy "I love you"
Everything he does is without haste

My daddy
Black, strong & proud
Has a way of doing what's right
He doesn't run when he's scared
He doesn' yell when he's mad
He doesn't regret his role as husband & father
Everything he does is with respect

My daddy is a man I want to someday be.

On the June 18th, as we gather to honor the fathers in our families, it would wonderful to see the world from this perspective, and take our places of honor . . . as the men our sons want to someday be.

No comments: